The following is a list of the most exciting performers in the wrestling world, who know how to produce consistently exhilarating matches, brimming with intensity and jaw-dropping physicality. When these superstars are pitted against one another, you know it’s going to be one hell of a fight.
1) CM Punk The so called “Voice of the Voiceless” is never far from controversy, and you get the impression he likes it that way. The most exciting performer in the ring, his survivalist style and confrontational attitude has won the hearts and minds of WWE fans.
2) Alberto del Rio Since making his debut in 2010, the Mexican has experienced a rapid rise to prominence, marking himself out as a prime contender for the World Heavyweight Championship for the foreseeable future.
3) The Miz After his famed match with Randy Orton at the Royal Rumble, and his debut against John Cena at WrestleMania, the self-proclaimed “Awesome One” possesses unrivalled confidence, and is constantly on the title hunt.
4) Randy Orton A lone wolf and prone to truly terrifying bouts of rage. This only means one thing for his opponent, and it isn’t good. The Apex Predator possesses arguably the most deadly finishing move in wrestling, the RKO.
5) John Cena The fans’ favourite. He may have lost at the Royal Rumble, but his name will last forever in WrestleMania history - his matches against The Rock will forever be in the minds of those who saw them. He brings a high-tempo physicality to the ring, and is one of the most box-office fighters out there.
There are many more superstars that could go up on this list: wrestling has always been a sport that divides opinion. Wade Barrett, John Morrison, and Sheamus all deserve recognition, but these five guarantee excitement like no others. Any time they step in the ring it’ll be non-stop entertainment, and you’d do well to remember that...